I think I have seen this before..Can't remember where though..
.. of vintage spec cinema sound speakers in a HT none the less: HR1 Monitor System | OceanWay Audio
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

It certainly has some beefy components
•Mid Range Radial Horns (A pair of 40 degree by 90 degree 400Hz dual cross firing throats with dual 20,000 Gauss Alnico 5 3″ diaphragm drivers)
- Mike

Ubangi looking things Not sure the subs impress me...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Yeah i was thinking of Ubangi too..retro vintage modern hi-fi: RCA LC9
Those tweeters look like Altec compression drivers without any horns attached. How does that work or sound?
"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
i was thumbing thru the gallery when i saw the spittin image of the LC-9's.
I didn't mean for my 1st post to sound like a contradiction to OG's. Those HR1's sure look like the the original big Ubangi horns.
They sure do look like uncorked compression drivers.Those tweeters look like Altec compression drivers without any horns attached. How does that work or sound?
There is potential for them to sound very good provided respect is paid to excursion limits.
I would also think a modified diaphragm mounting hub would be in order, i'd expect some diffraction/reflection issues with a hub that deep and close to the diaphragm.
I'd like to know more about the subs before dismissing them completely. The slot loading is interesting, the drivers are JBL/TAD-esque and the aspect ratio and tandem arrangement immediately remind me of the 4435 monitor. Enough tandem 2236's would make formidable subs for anything but a live venue. They're claiming 118db at 20hz, that will loosen stuck windows.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks